These days, single-serve coffee makers helped many people to avoid their morning trips to the barista. However, It is not easy to find the best single serve coffee maker in the market. It only looks good in hearing, and when you practically look for it, then you will find 100’s of products in the market.
The single serve coffee makers are generally small in size, lightweight, and portable, as well. There are also some coffee makers in the market, which usually take more space area in the kitchen, and that doesn’t look good in the modern kitchens these days. All you need is little water, milk, and coffee beans, and you are good to make a barista styled coffee. These machines can be the best investment for coffee lovers.
Best Single Serve Coffee Maker Reviews 2020
Here are the best single serve coffee makers ranked, in order:
1. Keurig K55
Nothing beats the Keurig K55 when it comes to getting a simple and easy to use coffee maker. Forget about complicated coffee machines that use coffee beans. If all you want is your daily cup of coffee served in under 2 minutes, this is the machine you should be buying.
The coffee maker comes with 4 complimentary K-cup pods which give you delicious, aromatic coffee at the touch of a button. No hassles, no mess. This is the simplest and easiest way to get a great tasting coffee in an instant.
- The K55 comes with a 48-oz. reservoir which can provide you 6 regular size coffee mugs with a single refill.
- You get two water filters with the machine and one water filter as well.
- The coffee maker comes with an auto power shut off feature.
- K-cup pods of 6 oz., 8 oz. and 10 oz. work well with this machine.
- The buttons on the machine are large enough for easy usage and provide you an amazing hassle-free coffee making experience.
2. Hamilton Beach Scoop Single Serve Coffee Maker
Another product on our list is Hamilton Beach Scoop Single Serve Coffee maker. This product is particularly famous for its design and appearance, and not every machine has such a fabulous steel coating design and appearance. You will find everything easy to locate and use this machine.
If I do talk about the taste, then It is excellent in the taste as well. There is a minor difference between the settings of the machine. It depends whether you like the bold flavour of the coffee or the lightest one. The performance of the coffee machine is up to par and outstanding. Till now, the customers who had purchased this product in the past had not faced any issue.
There is one thing about this machine that I liked the most, and the thing is durability. You are getting a one-year standard warranty on your purchase, and I don’t think you need to look out for any other coffee maker before a year. Additionally, cleaning this machine is also easy, and it does not require any hard substance to do it. Overall, Hamilton beach meets every expectation of ours. I highly recommend this machine to all the coffee lovers.
- Fast brewing, you can brew an 8-ounce cup in less than 90 seconds and a 14-ounce
- Travel mug in under 2. 5 minutes.
- This coffee maker comes with an automatic shut down feature.
- The buttons on the machine are large enough to operate.
- The removable drip tray makes it easy to clean.
- The single serve scoop filter to brew your own ground coffee.
No one makes coffee like Nespresso. This machine will solidify this belief with just one use. This incredible coffee maker by De’Longhi is a must have for anyone who loves their morning cup of espresso. The machine has a short preheat time of 25 seconds. This means that your coffee will be ready within 2 minutes of switching the coffee maker on. You get a great tasting espresso with this machine.
However, if you like to create a variety of coffee drinks, this is the coffee maker you should be buying. It is excellent for making lattes, cappuccinos, and Americanos.
- You will have to use the Nespresso coffee capsules with this machine. They come in two sizes- small and large, and both are compatible with this machine.
- Comes with a folding drip tray.
- You get 16 brewing capsules complimentary with this machine to get a variety of tasty brews at home.
- Additionally, a smaller reservoir makes this machine easier to move around and very lightweight as well.
- The 24 oz. water reservoir will make you refill the cup often. However, you can easily get nine espresso shots from one refill.
4. Keurig K575
If you are looking for a feature-rich coffee maker that will bring all your coffee making fantasies to life then Keurig K575 Single Serve Programmable K-Cup is the one. Known for making delicious, dense, and aromatic coffee, this little gadget can also help you make awesome teas and hot chocolate drinks.
Though Keurig tries to bring in the best of ease and simplicity your way, it is the K575 that really takes their game one notch higher to make them the single serve machine leader.
- The machine comes with two filters instead of one, so you can enjoy a great cup of coffee for a very long time this is not all.
- You also get 6 K-cups complimentary from the brand which brings to you an exquisite coffee making experience.
- Comes with a touchscreen display which helps you in programming your brew however you like.
- The good thing about the reservoir is that it can be detached. Hence, you can clean it very easily.
- The coffee maker is compatible with all K-pods sizes from Keurig.
5. Bunn MCU Single Cup Multi-Use Home Coffee Brewer
Bunn MCU Single Cup Coffee Brewer is one of the best single cup coffee brewers in the market. This works great, and It comes with the ability to switch between pods, ground coffee, and tea. It is the must-have a coffee machine for the coffee lovers, and It is because of the shorter preheating time of 25 seconds.
It also can extract hot water in the case of long drinks. The best thing I liked the most about this product is the constant temperature. It doesn’t come out cold quickly, like the other coffee machines. I recommend using a fine grinder if you are using your own ground coffee beans, and It is to ensure the temperature remains hot. Additionally, This machine is sturdy and long-lasting as it is made up of very high-quality material. So, you do not have to worried about any other coffee machine for at least a year.
Everything has some downsides, and this machine is having as well. The main disadvantage of this product is the constant water filling, which can be tedious after some time. The other thing is, this machine is not suitable for making tea as sometimes it smells chemical if you do so. In the end, Bunn Single-cup coffee brewer can be an excellent choice for the budget if the downsides do not matter to you much.
- The freedom to brew an abundance of different brewing options: K-Cups, ground coffee, tea bags, loose tea, and more!
- Bunn MCU Single Cup comes with a 14 ounce of water reservoir.
- The stop and start the flow of water options during the operation.
- The removable drip tray for easy cleaning.
- Simple buttons on the machine make it easy to operate.
This is one of the best coffee makers on the market. If you are looking for ease of use, convenience, and the perfect coffee, this is the machine you should be buying.
Just like other Keurig machine, this one brings you fine design as well as elegant looks. The best thing about this coffee maker is the simplicity of the process.
- Comes with a 40-oz. reservoir which holds as much water to make 6 cups of coffee with a single fill.
- The reservoir can be cleaned and filled with ease, as it is detachable from the main machine.
- Ground Coffee can also be brewed.
- Allows you to make a single cup of coffee or a carafe big enough for a house party.
- It has a 2-inch LCD which helps you in seeing the machine settings up close.
This Nespresso product is one of the most beautiful coffee makers you will find on the market. The design of the machine is so appealing that you will not be able to take your eyes off it for a second. However, these machines are not only about looks.
They are very powerful coffee makers that will provide you the best taste as well as the most consistent brews. The machine boasts of centrifusion technology which gives you a rich, dense, and wonderful tasting coffee.
- You will find a 54-oz. water reservoir in this machine which helps you make 8+ cups of coffee in a single fill.
- The machine will shut off automatically after 9 minutes of non-usage.
- The coffee maker works only with Nespresso VertuoLine capsules.
- Comes with a separate, used capsule holder that can hold as many as 17 capsules at once.
With the futuristic and beautiful looks of this machine, you get the ease of use as well. The machine can work with two cup sizes. You can make the drink of your choice with the same taste every time, thanks to the precision code reading technology used in this machine. The machine also has a great capsule recognition technology. This helps in taking accurate measurements of water and temperature to give you the coffee of your choice.
8. Keurig K-Mini Single Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer
Keurig K-mini coffee maker is one of the most popular single-serve coffee makers and perfect ideas for the holiday gift. This excellent coffee maker provides you with the delicious cup of coffee in the touch of a few buttons. It is an excellent purchase for the office, single homeowners, and small apartments. Keurig K-mini coffee makers are small in size and only required the space of 5 inches wide.
It features the removable drip tray, and this makes this machine easy to clean as well. The travel mug of 7 inches can quickly fit into the machine. Additionally, the auto on-off feature will help in energy consumption as well. The machine will automatically stop working after 90 seconds of no usage.
One of the best things I liked the most in this coffee maker is you can also use ground coffee beans and K-cups both on this machine. The only downside of this product is the reusable Keurig filter. Most of the customers reported that it is hard to reuse the filter, and generally, it sticks in between. However, overall, this machine is perfect in this price range and can be the better option for coffee lovers’ lives, usually in small places.
- It fits anywhere and perfects for the small place.
- The removable drip tray accommodates 7 inches travel mugs easily and also makes it easy to clean.
- This coffee maker comes with an auto-off feature.
- It is also compatible with my K-cup reusable filter.
- This machine is compatible with every K-cups.
While single-serve coffee makers are very easy to use, they may not be very easy to maintain. Calcium buildup is a very common problem in these machines. With this Cuisinart product, you can get rid of this problem as well. If you want a machine that makes a number of beverages without any hassles, this is the product you should be buying. Apart from the classic espresso shot, you can use it to make soups, tea, and hot chocolate.
It is a multipurpose gadget that belongs in every kitchen, whether for a young professional, a student or even a small family.
- You can get 5 brewing sizes with this machine, starting with the regular 4 oz. and going up to the 12 oz. Therefore, you get a decently sized cup of coffee, tea or even soup whenever you want, at the touch of a button.
- Comes with the charcoal filter which is very good for cleaning water in the tank.
- The machine is compatible with K-cup pods which are very easily available on the market.
- The water reservoir of the machine is on the larger end, with the capacity of 72 oz. Therefore, you get to make almost 8 cups of regular sized coffee without needing a refill.
- The machine has an auto shut off and a rinse feature for easy maintenance and energy savings.
10. Mr Coffee Single Serve Coffee Brewer BVMC-KG6-001
Nothing can beat the Mr Coffee brand in terms of getting the best coffee maker. This machine not only comes at an affordable price but also it is simple to use. The users will not find any difficulty using this machine. They only have to fill the water tank, insert the k-cup of their choice, select the size of the cup, and push the start button. Your drink will be ready in two minutes.
The thing I liked the most about this machine is the cleaning part. Mr Coffee Single Serve Coffee Brewer is easy to clean. You can make different drinks one after another without worrying about cleaning the nozzle every time after use. Additionally, travel mugs can quickly fit into this machine.
Everything has some disadvantages, and so the machine as well. It is for those customers who want to use their own ground coffee beans, but unfortunately, this machine sticks to K-cups only, and you will not be able to use any other ground coffee beans on it. Additionally, the cord is too short, so you need to plug on a different switch for using it. Overall, at this price point, it meets every expectation and can be an excellent purchase for K-cups coffee lovers.
- The removable 40oz. Water reservoir.
- This machine comes with a sampler pack of 5 K-cups.
- The removable drip tray to accommodate larger cups and make it easy to clean.
- Pod coffee maker technology.
- The simple buttons on the screen make it convenient for everyone.
Factors To Consider Before You Buying…
Electric Or Gravity-Powered?
The single cup coffee makers are usually coming in two options. It is divided into two categories, and the categories are Electric and Gravity powered. The air pressure to percolate the grounds and the aid extraction works with electricity only.
You should need to see these points before deciding any option.
- If you want the machine which is quick to operate, then go for the electric one.
- The gravity-powered machine is a perfect fit for travellers.
- If you need a machine that not only brews but also heat the water for you, then prefer the electric one instead of gravity-powered one.
To K-Cup Or Not To K-Cup?
The new and improved system of making a cup of coffee is the K-cup. The Keurig introduced the K-cup to us, and It affects the market in both negative and positive ways.
Let’s check it out.
The most significant benefit of using K-cups are they provide consistent brewing of a coffee along with some natural flavours. However, the most significant disadvantage is the poor quality of a coffee.
Do you know what is interesting in it? Most of the K-cups cost more than a coffee cup made from the real ground coffee beans. They are usually costlier than a coffee pack. However, the Keurig recently introduced the My K-cup as well.
My K-cups allows the user to fill their capsules with their own ground coffee beans and then use it. It is not only a great alternative but the recyclable as well.
In the end, It depends on you. If you want to purchase a single-serve coffee maker that works with ground coffee beans as well, then there are some top products waiting for you to get added in your cart.
Coffee Pods Vs. Coffee Capsules
There is a confusion between this term as most of the reviewers over the internet use these words interchangeably. The fact is, The coffee capsules are small in size, and they are the little plastic cups offered by Keurig and Nespresso.
The coffee capsules are convenient and sealed as well. It means it will keep the freshness even after running through the hot water in the machine.
The coffee pods are generally like the round of bags (Tea bags). They are biodegradable and available to use on a variety of coffee machines.
The only difference is the coffee pods will lose their flavour faster than the coffee capsules because they are most likely to be exposed to the air continents.
Single Serve Coffee Maker Troubleshooting
1. Coffee Not Dispensing
It is a common problem with single serve coffee makers and is very easy to solve as well. If you haven’t cleaned your appliance in a while, the dispensing problem could be because of calcium deposits.
Descale the machine and clean/replace the filters. The machine should start working again as usual. If the water in your area is harder, descale every three months to get better results.
2. Slow Dripping
This is another common issue but can easily be solved. The problem, again, is with calcium deposits. It is too easy to forget that a gadget that works so flawlessly needs a cleaning too. As soon as you experience slow dripping, descale the machine.
If cleaning and maintenance is not a problem, then run the appliance without a coffee pod once. If you can control temperature, make it slightly hotter than your usual coffee. Drain and use the machine again, and it should work like normal.
3. The Coffee Doesn’t Brew At The Right Temperature
This is likely a problem with the heating element or coil of the machine. Call the customer care of the manufacturer and follow their instructions. If your product is still in warranty period, get it fixed or repaired.
I have added many products in our list of best single serve coffee maker. If you ask me, then I will recommend the Keurig 55 (First choice). It doesn’t mean the other products added in our list are bad as they have their own specifications and qualities.